The Best Mini Drone for Kids or Beginners
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (Affiliate Disclosure Statement)
This LED Mini Drone is perfect for kids or beginners of any age who want to learn how to fly a drone. Do flips, fly in the dark, or race your friends with this entry-level drone!
Perfect for Beginners
In our 2021 Drone Buying Guide for Beginners, the Force 1 UFO 3000 is our top pick for kids. The quad-copter design provides a flight stability, but it’s the beginner-friendly controller that separates this from some other models. It features a 1-Key Lift and Land, and the directional joystick is very intuitive. Some controllers are just overwhelming, but this one will have first-time fliers in the air in no time. There is even a 1-button option for 360 degree flips.
Safe, Sturdy Design
While it has those easy-to-fly controls to support quick learning, you can still expect a few crashes. (This is a mini drone for kids or beginners, after all!) That’s why the sturdy design and the safety features are so important. The drone is lightweight (12.8 oz) and small (5.5 inches by 5.5 inches), making it ideally suited for indoor flight. The propeller guards are a great safety feature to prevent nicks and cuts if the drone does hit something or someone. And while 12.8 oz is light, this drone still has a bit more weight to it than other drones this small, and that helps with stability for outdoor flight.
We love that this drone has two flight settings, as both can be fun. Slow and steady to really watch the mechanics and flight path; high speed for zipping around or even racing with friends. The Force 1 UFO 3000 also has a “headless mode.” With headless mode, the controller bases direction on the middle of the drone rather than a point on outer edge. This means that as you look at the drone, your controller’s directions stay true and aren’t impacted by which direction the drone is “facing.” Other control features in altitude hold for hovering, and a button for barrel rolls.
Batteries and Flight Time
If you have never owned a drone before, one thing to be aware of is the limit on flight time. Because batteries add weight, and weight drains batteries, there is always a delicate balance to equipping a drone with an ideal-sized battery. Typically, you can expect flight time on a single charge to range from 6-10 minutes for most beginner-class drones. The UFO 3000 will fly for about 7-9 minutes on a single battery. A back-up battery is included, though, so you can double your flight time to 14-18 minutes. The batteries can be charged by USB cable, and charging takes about 70-85 minutes.
Force1 UFO 3000 LED Mini Drone for Kids - Remote Control Drone, Small RC Quadcopter for Beginners with LEDs, 4-Channel Remote Control, 2 Speeds, and 2 Drone Batteries
$34.99 in stock
- Easy Remote Control Drone for Kids: Fly this mini RC drone for boys and girls with a push of a button; launch, land, and perform 360° flip drone stunts with the easy-to-use 4-channel remote transmitter that allows you to fly multiple flying toy drones at once
- Vibrant LED Drone with 2 Speeds: Pilot this drone day or night, indoors or out with ultra bright neon-colored LEDs; this small drone races in low or high speeds to fit the drone flying preferences of beginners, intermediate, and experienced drone flyers
- User-Friendly UFO Drone Specs: This stunt drone is equipped with smart features like Altitude Hold to keep the drone hovering at a set height and Headless Mode for easy toy drone orientation, making this a great first toy drone for beginners of all ages
- Extended Flight Time with 2 Drone Batteries: Get back to flying this quadcopter drone again and again with 2 included rechargeable drone batteries for 18 minutes total flight time; ultra portable mini drone measures 5.5” x 5.5” and includes 4 spare propellers, a USB charging cable, and drone remote (requires 4 AAA batteries - not included)
- Kid-Safe and Durable Toy Drone: This mini drone for kids is designed with kid-friendly propeller guards for increased safety and durability; We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not totally satisfied with this flying toy for kids
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Force1 UFO 3000 Drone quadcopter LED Light Easy Flight Video
Nice drone comes with spare blades, 2 batteries, usb charger, remote. Easy to fly for the kids and i like the propeller guards. Its is alot easier to fly than some ...